What is Toastmasters?
Toastmasters is an international, non-profit organization, formed by Dr. Ralph C. Smedley in the year 1924, that provides self-motivated individuals the opportunity to improve themselves in the following areas:
- Communication and presentation skills
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
Why should I join toastmasters?
Following are four of the most popular reasons for people joining toastmasters.
- To improve communication & public speaking skills
- To improve leadership skills
- To meet like-minded people and grow one’s social network
- To grow and be recognised in one’s profession
- A unique means of learning and improving your communicative abilities within an atmosphere of fellowship and fun with your fellow Toastmasters Club members.
- Unlimited opportunities for personal and occupational advancement and expanded experience
- Experience in leadership development through training and club involvement.
- Professionally prepared educational materials and resources on speaking, listening, discussion, parliamentary procedure, audio-visual techniques, and conference and meeting procedures.
- The Toastmaster magazine provides insights on communication techniques, ideas and opinions every month.
- Continuing practice and exposure to sound communication techniques.
- Increased confidence, ability to organize logical thought and present it self-assuredly
- A better understanding of human relations.
- Affiliation with an internationally renowned educational organization.