We continue to meet through video conference every Saturday between 2:55 pm to 5:00 pm at https://tinyurl.com/MedleyOnline. Please join our meeting 10 minutes in advance to exchange pleasantries with our experienced members.
For any clarification or additional information, feel free to contact our President TM Raghunath Nair (@9884084409) or VP Membership TM Dinesh Sekhar (@9383198039) for more details.
Medley Toastmasters Club’s permanent venue for in person meeting will be at IIT Madras Research Park, Tharamani, Chennai with the meeting time being every Saturday from 2:55 – 5:00 pm; Map: http://goo.gl/maps/fRvqE. Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the meeting. No prior registration/reservation is required. A guest fee of Rs. 200 will be charged; Rs. 100 for students.
What is Toastmasters?
Toastmasters is an international, non-profit organization, formed by Dr. Ralph C. Smedley in the year 1924, that provides self-motivated individuals the opportunity to improve themselves in the following areas:
- Communication and presentation skills
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
Toastmasters International is a nonprofit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., the organization’s membership exceeds 364,000 in more than 16,200 clubs in 145 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators, and leaders.
Our club, Medley Toastmasters, is here to help you develop your Communication and Leadership skills by practice that enables and empowers you to build self-confidence, improve self-discipline, and gain an enhanced self-image. You progress at a pace that suits your abilities, interests, and schedules.
Why should I join toastmasters?
Following are four of the most popular reasons for people joining toastmasters.
- To improve communication & public speaking skills
- To improve leadership skills
- To meet like-minded people and grow one’s social network
- To grow and be recognized in one’s profession
What are the benefits of a Toastmasters Membership?
- A unique means of learning and improving your communicative abilities within an atmosphere of fellowship and fun with your fellow Toastmasters Club members.
- Unlimited opportunities for personal and occupational advancement and expanded experience
- Experience in leadership development through training and club involvement.
- Professionally prepared educational materials and resources on speaking, listening, discussion, parliamentary procedure, audio-visual techniques, and conference and meeting procedures.
- The Toastmaster magazine provides insights on communication techniques, ideas and opinions every month.
- Continuing practice and exposure to sound communication techniques.
- Increased confidence, ability to organize logical thought and present it self-assuredly
- A better understanding of human relations.
- Affiliation with an internationally renowned educational organization.